Vesigen Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing novel therapeutics enabled by engineering naturally existing vesicles for delivery. Vesigen’s patented technology, ARMMs (ARRDC1 Mediated Microvesicles), can precisely deliver a wide range of payloads, including gene editing complexes, proteins, and RNAs in vivo. Our team of seasoned drug hunters is committed to leveraging the novel ARMMs technology to develop transformative medicines and address unmet medical needs.
Vesigen is seeking a highly motivated and detailed oriented account payable professional to join our team and contribute to establishing the accounting department with the Director of Finance. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and hone skills in providing financial, administrative, and clerical support to the organization. The ideal candidate will be a driven individual looking to work in a fast-paced, dynamic biotech start-up environment.
- Creating journal entries and financial reports
- Entering and paying bills in a timely manner and responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance
- Approving purchase requisitions and ensuring that purchase orders are set up.
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, and statements
- Reconciling credit card statements, including tying back receipts and coding transactions to appropriate general ledger accounts
- Setting up vendors in accounting software and reviewing AP ledger monthly
- Processing payroll and resolving any issues in a timely manner
- Entering new hires and terminations in a payroll system
- Assisting the Director of Finance with other tasks as needed
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, or similar degrees
- 1 – 2 years of experience with journal entries and accounts payable
- 1 – 2 years of experience using accounting software
- 1 – 2 years of experience using a payroll system
- Strong organizational skills and proactive in resolving any issues that may come up.
- Attention to detail and sense of ownership.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and work well with people at a wide range of levels.
- Experience in the biotech industry is a plus.
Vesigen Therapeutics is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.